Many of you have been asking for specifics on how best to pray for our family in these interesting days. Karla and I sat down tonight and came up with eight.
- that God would continue to be glorified through this trial.
- that God would comfort our children: Luke, Benjamin, Elisabeth, Gabriella, and Jared, keeping them from fear and teaching them how to trust in all of His promises.
- that God would keep our family from illness between now and the time of surgery…hey even after. Why not?
- that God would powerfully uphold Karla, giving her courage, faith, and strength to persevere.
- that God would graciously superintend all of the myriad details of the care of our children during the two weeks we plan to be away.
- that God would bring me safely through both the embolization on February10th and the surgery on February 12th with no neurological deficits, infections, or complications of any kind.
- that God would bless and perfectly guide the hands of the surgeon, Dr. Meyer.
- that God would sustain and prosper Crossroad Church in my indeterminate absence.
Here is the schedule for the week beginning February 8th:
1. Sunday Feb. 8th. Drive to Rochester in the evening.
2. Monday Feb. 9th. Doctor appointments at Mayo 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
3. Tuesday Feb. 10th. Embolization at St. Mary’s Hospital at 6:00 a.m.
5. Thursday Feb. 12th Surgery…we don’t know the time yet but were told it would be a six hour surgery.
6. Friday-Saturday… probably in Intensive Care.
7. Sunday-Thursday in hospital (perhaps longer)
8. We can’t know for sure of course but we’re planning to come back to Iowa sometime in the vicinity of the 19th. There may be some therapy that needs to be done. We’ll keep you informed.
Communication: We bought our first laptop computer yesterday and we plan to take that to Rochester with us where Karla plans to give updates on this blog assuming we can figure out all the wireless connection stuff by then.
Many thanks to all of you dear people for your prayers, concern, thoughts, encouragements, and comments. Keep them coming!